X2 Ab Ripper is the 12th DVD and final workout included in the P90X2 90-day home fitness program that lasts approximately 17 minutes. While the X2 Ab Ripper comes on its own DVD, you will find the exact same workout at the tail end of other workout P90X2 DVDs. These include: X2 Total Body, Chest + Back + Balance, X2 Shoulders + Arms, and Base + Back.
The Concept: Isometrics
Isometric exercises involve contracting your muscles without any joint movement. Core engagement is the focus of this workout, not momentum. Your muscles generate force (contraction) when they shorten, lengthen, and even when they remain the same length.
X2 Ab Ripper will target the three basic target areas. The most common is the Rectus Abdominus or more commonly known as the “six-pack”. The Transverse Abdominus are the muscles that pull in your stomach to give you a “flat stomach.” The Obliques, commonly known as your “love handles” are the V shaped muscles that taper your waist line. Whether you want to focus on one or all, the X2 Ab Ripper will give you the results you want.
How X2 Ab Ripper Benefits you
Strong abs will not only give you that sexy body you have always wanted, but they also provide some different health benefits. Here are just a few benefits:
- Improve Balance – Strong abs engage your core improving your overall balance.
- Reduce Body Fat Content –Working your abs will help you to burn calories and reduce your body fat content. Reducing body fat content has many of its own benefits, including reducing the risks for diabetes, hyperextension, and heart disease.
- Improve Posture - Strengthening your abs improves your posture by pulling in your stomach making it easier for you to stand straight.
- Reduce Pressure on Joints – When you strengthen your abs, you will stabilize your body, resulting in a strong core. This will help to take off some of that pressure off of your joints resulting in less joint problems.
- Improve Power and Endurance – When you strengthen your abs, your core is engaged and becomes stronger. A stronger core will help you perform longer and stronger in any activity you do.
- Reduce Risk of Lower Back Injury – Losing fat around your mid-section and tightening your abs will help to take pressure off of your back reducing your risk for injury.
X2 Ab Ripper Workout Equipment Needed
All you need for this workout is a mat and towel.
X2 Ab Ripper Exercises
Because the routine is slow paced, they go right into the exercises.
- Scissor Twist
- Row Your Boat
- Superman Banana X
- Oblique Roll Crunch
- Roll V Hold
- Gate Bridge Lift
- Phelon Twist
- Scissor Clapper
- Balance Bike Crunch
The cool down consists of Yoga.
These exercises are designed to help strengthen your core. While it is a slow paced routine, it is not by any means relaxing. While the routine is short, you will feel the burn and be ready to be done after those 17 minutes. Don’t forget the X2 Ab Ripper follows some of the other workouts in the program.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Watch Pounds Melt with the 8-Hour Diet
- SafSlim Review - Revolutionary Breakthrough for Unsightly Health Threatening Belly Fat
- It Starts with Food Book Review - Exploring Nutrition the Paleo Diet Way
- Make Shred: The Revolutionary Diet your Secret Weapon for Losing Inches Fast
- Get Madonna’s Celebrity Shape with her Addicted to Sweat Workout DVDs
- 7-Day Crash Diet Summer Survival Guide for Safe Weight Loss