P90X Nutrition Plan Overview:
The P90X Nutrition Plan is a 13-week program that centers on physical fitness and healthy eating habits to assist you in losing weight and building muscle. Developed by Carl Diekler, the P90X Nutrition Plan is designed to increase your stamina and metabolism, thereby achieving your weight loss goal and maintaining a toned body. Included in the P90X Nutrition Plan are 12 DVD's demonstrating various exercise routines and motivational support. There are no pre-packaged meals to buy or expensive equipment necessary to succeed with the program. All the exercises can be done in your own home, as long as you have access to a television and room to move around. See related P90x articles:
Three Phases of Eating in the P90X Nutrition Plan:
- Phase 1: Fat Shredder,which is essentially eating foods high in protein to build muscle and lose fat.
- Phase 2: Energy Booster,? a combination of carbohydrates and protein with low-fat foods to increase your energy level.
- Phase 3: Endurance Maximizer,? suggests consuming complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and low calorie fats to provide you with the stamina necessary to get the most from your workout routines included in the P90X Nutrition Plan.
P90X Suggested Foods:
Enrollees in the P90X Nutrition Plan will find example meal plans and portion control options; however, it is recommended that you tailor your meals within their serving and portion sizes to suit your individual preferences. Before getting started, you will need to calculate your nutrition level to find the recommended daily caloric intake, based on your level of activity and resting metabolic rate. The P90X Nutrition Plan categorizes the following:
- Fat-free, lean meats, and eggs.
- Dairy: Low-fat
milk and cheeses.
- Fruits and vegetables:
Organic or unprocessed.
Complex ' breads, pasta.
Avoid simple carbohydrates such as refined sugars, fruit juices,
- Snacks: Dried
fruit, turkey jerky, soy nuts, protein bars.
Low-fat marinades, fat-free dressings, mustards, honey.
Examples of meals under the P90X Nutrition Plan might include:
Two dairy products such as fat-free or low-fat milk,
cream cheese, or yogurt.
- One piece of fruit.
- Three servings of vegetables. For those who aren't particularly fond of vegetables, a
glass of V-8 juice can be substituted.
- One to two teaspoons of a condiment such as mustard,
barbeque sauce, or ketchup may be added to the meal.
- Six small, 3 oz., servings of protein; e.g., chicken or
- Three servings of carbohydrates, a cup of each such as
rice, beans, or two slices of whole wheat bread.
- One recovery drink or power bar may be added after your
The P90X Nutrition Plan provides simple recipes and assigns caloric values to the carbohydrates, proteins, and fats to make it easier to design your meals within the suggested serving and portion sizes. Sample grocery lists are also provided once you enroll in the program, as well as a variety of supplement options. The P90X Nutrition Plan emphasizes the importance of eating several small meals throughout the day instead of a couple of large meals, and drinking lots of water.
P90X Nutrition Plan Conclusion:
Motivation and self-discipline are the keys to success with the P90X Nutrition Plan. With complete online support and a daily workout regimen, combined with good eating habits, you'll be on your way to a fit and healthy new you.
P90X® Extreme Training System
Join Team Beachbody Club now and members save 10% off regular price on all items all the time!
Click here to follow us on twitter and our facebook fan page.